Utaite Wiki Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utaite Wiki Forum

A forum dedicated for utaite-related discussion. Supported by Utaite Wiki.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Utaite Rules and Regulations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sen

Sen

Utaite Rules and Regulations Empty
PostSubject: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:54 am

It has come to my understanding that as the the wiki is growing, it is in need some solid written out rules, regulations and standards, rather than the implied ones we have at the moment

Remember all these can be debated!

First off, the wiki needs to set the policies for what enables a Utaite to be added to the wiki

Proposed Requirements

The utaite must have
  • Minimum of 2k watchers
  • Minimum of 50k views on most popular solo cover
Special cases
  • If the utaite does not fit requirement for watchers then he/she must have at least 100k views on 2-3(?) solo cover(s)
  • If the utaite has gone "pro" then the requirements can be ignored
----
Debatable issues for this
  • Should original songs count for views? For example, the utaite Topi does not have the required amount of watchers but due to the fact she is a main vocalist in DECO*27's original songs; those songs have quite a considerable amount of views, should she be counted?

------------------
In the case of a singer having both a NND and YT account, the requirements will apply accordingly to the site the singer is most active on
In the case the singer purposefully attempts to conceal such information there will be a zero tolerance policy on rejecting their proposal for a page on such singer

----------------------------------------------
The wiki also needs to set a "Rules of Conduct" as well...or at least something like so since putting the guidelines and the tutorial together might be a bit annoying for people that do not need to read the tutorial as well as the fact that putting the rules with the tutorial seems a bit messy

Proposed Rules

Sections that we already have
  • Policies on adding images to the wiki
  • Utaite Forbidding Reprints
  • Linking to/Hosting Namahousou Audio/Video and CDs

-There might have to be a consideration in Ryo-kun's as apparently he does know about the tumblr that posts cuts of what he sang on a nama

Sections that need to made
  • Standard Behavior - Banning
  • ???

Details on Banning - Standards

Basically the wiki needs to set a standard on the amount of time (other than 100 years as much as we would like to) that a user is banned for when the user has conducted an offense

When a user or group of users conduct in disruptive(?) behavior - what can cause a user to be banned

Vandalism
  • Inserting False information - basically the user consistently adds false information
    - Ban Time: 1 month per information inputted
  • Removing Content - removing legitimately correct information
    - Ban Time: 2 months (doubles per section effected)
  • Inserting nonsense or gibberish
    - Ban Time: unless the person is consistently adding gibberish this has no ban time
Spam
  • Spamming links - linking to inappropriate, unrelated or potentially harmful sites
    - Ban Time: 2 months (doubles per link)
User Behavior
  • Intimidating behavior/harassment - harassing other users or putting harassing messages on Utaite/YT singers' pages
    - Ban Time: If on user chat: 6 months (1 month added for every additional comment, doubles per person); If on Utaite/YT singer page: 1 year
  • Inappropriate Name(?)
    - Ban Time: If the name is offensive such as "[utaite]sucks" or is ridiculously long, a name change will be requested. Failure to comply will result in a permanent ban

*If the user commits multiple offenses then the ban times will just be added up
*If the user commits a second offense after their original ban has been over, the ban times will be doubled than that of the original ban times
*If the user commits a third offense the user will be permanently banned
----------------------------------------------
Common questions that people ask (not sure if this is all of them)

FAQ
General Questions
  • What is the Utaite Wiki?
  • Who are the admins?
  • What is a utaite?
  • What is a YouTube Singer?
  • What are the requirements to add a utaite?
  • What are the requirements to add a YouTube Singer?
  • What if the singer has a NicoNico and YouTube account?
  • What is the wiki's policy on reprints?
  • What is the wiki's policy on pictures?
  • What is the wiki's policy on illustrations?
  • What is the wiki's policy on linking to ripped CD audio? (I don't quite know how to phrase this o.o)

Technical Questions
  • How do I add a picture to a page?
  • How can I do [action] and [action]?
  • Is there a page where all the templates used on this wiki are available?

Last edited by Sen on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/User:Starikun
Meta-Kakera

Meta-Kakera

Female Posts : 89
Birthday : 1998-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Quote :
Should original songs count for views? For example, the utaite Topi does not have the required amount of watchers but due to the fact she is a main vocalist in DECO*27's original songs; those songs have quite a considerable amount of views, should she be counted?

To be honest, I don't think those should count, since those are also "collaborations" and are not solo covers, which are what we count.

Also, we should put something about overseas non-Japanese people not counting as proper NND utaite or something, although the requirements will probably take care of that...
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:47 am

Quote :
Also, we should put something about overseas non-Japanese people not counting as proper NND utaite or something, although the requirements will probably take care of that...

eh that's being a bit biased to say that :I most of them don't fit the requirements anyhows yea :O You have to remember Meta, NND is available in Chinese, German and Spanish (and only recently English) so its undeniable that some utaite may be from there.....
Meta... you need to watch your words a bit more carefully, I know you don't excatly mean it that way as I understand the circumstances that you are speaking from but "overseas non-Japanese people not counting as proper NND utaite or something" may sound really offensive to some people

On a side note that would void Korean Utaite such as Nobunaga, Guriri and Vin to name a few, you know >:I
Back to top Go down
Meta-Kakera

Meta-Kakera

Female Posts : 89
Birthday : 1998-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:24 pm

OTL what was I thinking when I typed that--

OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL OTL

I think what I was meaning was something more along the lines of, "someone not based around NND", i.e. a YT singer who is mainly on YT for everything but occasionally uploads their stuff/mylists stuff/etc. on NND.
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Its fine *patpat*
Back to top Go down
Kanarazu~

Kanarazu~

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:13 am

I think one needs to establish, with all the rules, the presence of mens rea.
Essentially, we need to determine whether their actions were deliberate or not, as right now the rules have not provision for that.

"per information inputted" is rather vague. I would suggest something more akin to "per page affected" perhaps?

I think there should also be a provision for "Creating pages that: do not meet the above requirements, contain non standard formatting, are of non-existent Utaite, or are full of misleading information, while the author was aware of his actions"

Also, perhaps there should be a provision for "offensive pictures uploaded regardless of whether they are used"? Following that, perhaps we should also have rules on the following?

"Excessive cursing, even if not directed at a user, and with refusal to cease."
"Writing offensive information on one's User Page."
Essentially that if they write offensive things on their User page, thoughh it's technically not directly harassing anyone, it's still a bad thing.

"Impersonation of an Admin, with awareness to their actions"
Might as well account for everything possible, right? That way, when people come along and try and troll, there are no loopholes to exploit.

"Repeated, and pointless reversion of page edits"

"Repeated refusal to comply to standards of formatting and/or rules"

"Repeated creation of pages with no purpose"

"Expressing racist, sexist, homophobic, or indeed, any type of discriminatory view with refusal to cease"

"Repeated instances of bending rules with refusal to cease.

I think that's all I have for now. It's looking good!
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:54 am

Quote :
Essentially, we need to determine whether their actions were deliberate or not, as right now the rules have not provision for that.

I guess that wasn't obvious when I wrote everything OTL Yuno pointed that out to me too OTL

Quote :
"per information inputted" is rather vague. I would suggest something more akin to "per page affected" perhaps?

Yes I figured so OTL I guess changing it to per page affected is good

As for all the other provisions you mentioned I'll go and add them :> I figured I missed a lot of things...hmmm I should find the wikia's code of conduct or something and read what's written there as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Utaite Rules and Regulations   Utaite Rules and Regulations Empty

Back to top Go down

Utaite Rules and Regulations
Page 1 of 1