Utaite Wiki Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utaite Wiki Forum

A forum dedicated for utaite-related discussion. Supported by Utaite Wiki.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding genderless singers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hope
Admin
hope

Female Posts : 80

Regarding genderless singers Empty
PostSubject: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:19 am

Since again, I don't wanna spam the wiki, I'm going to have some piece of my mind here..

I still kinda think "trap singer" category is somehow an informal/unsuitable name. I don't really mind for NND singers though, since many of them just have the ability to sing higher/lower without really hiding their genders..

But for YT singers, should we change the category name into something, like, "YT singers (undecided gender)" or "YT singers (unknown gender)" or... something? (lol)

Because trap/genderless is just not.. good enough for me ._.

What do you think?

---

And, about how we call them in the page, I really, REALLY, think we must avoid using "it". It's just weird.. lol it's like calling some pet.. definitely not human ._.
Maybe we should standardize it into just "he", to make it gender-neutral/universal/whatsit...
Back to top Go down
crystellaris

crystellaris

Female Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 am

eh Im not sure coz YT utaites like 'ehmz'(fan of him lol ) always refer themselfs as genderless
dunno if its a special case...
I guess it depends on the singers self
but tbh i want to add the gender unless they dont want to
Back to top Go down
hope
Admin
hope

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 am

haha yeah.. we can always add some sentence in the page like "[Utaite name] refers to himself as genderless." but we (the wiki) will always use male pronoun.
And the "gender" form in character infobox will be kept "prefers to be unknown" (that sentence is subject to change).

Well that's just my opinion though x'DD
Back to top Go down
hope
Admin
hope

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Hmm.
I'm really torn between using "YouTube singers (undecided gender)" or "YouTube singers (androgyne)"

which one is the best? ;w;
Back to top Go down
crystellaris

crystellaris

Female Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 am

LOL im fine with both xDDD
eventhough my hand is itching to add the gender lol
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:56 am

(mainly directed at Hope)
ah yes I've been meaning to start a topic but I didn't know where :O its good you started a topic here even though I didn't notice it for a whole OTL I also, admittedly, didn't want this to turn into a huge public issue

I really dislike the word "trap" in general since its a bit to broad to my taste :I
It can mean:
-a male that looks like a female
-a female that looks like a male (the correct term would actually be reverse-trap)
-a person that can be either male or female

I'll just copy paste this from somewhere...
Quote :
"Origin

Internet slang deriving from 4chan, a reference to the ‘It’s a Trap!’ meme, twisted into new meanings.

Basically, the idea is a boy who looks so convincingly like a female, that by the time you realize you’ve made a mistake, it’s already too late.
Thus, a ‘Trap’

This term has come to refer to both anime characters and real life crossedressers/transgender people.

Transversely, a ‘Reverse Trap’ refers to a girl who looks very convincingly male."

yea honestly its a bit broad but I can deal with it I suppose :I

"YT singers (undecided gender)" or "YT singers (unknown gender)" sound a bit of a mouthful and kinda rude? although genderqueer is also a correct term that just sounds plain right insulting
I would use "androgynous" as I think that actually sounds cool but I looked up androgyne in a dictionary and yea the term you chose would be more correct as it means "a being of ambiguous sexual identity" rather than "having both masculine and feminine characteristics"

To some people "it" is "correct" but its actually not and yea sounds even more insulting than genderqueer as its not even identifying someone as human D: that's like.......how people think of gay/lesbian people sometimes.....:I lower than animals and that's just like......beyond insulting and rude...............

"He" is the most correct grammatical wise as I remember my class had this argument with my teacher (even though she was female lol) about being sexist as she said "he" (well in general male pronouns) must be used when the gender of the groups/people/etc. are not known.

*phew* I think all questions are answered and solved now @.@

and yes I noticed you made the category already
Back to top Go down
http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/User:Starikun
hope
Admin
hope

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 am

Yeah. I kinda get the feel "trap" is so informal. While using 2 words like blabla gender is too long, and genderqueer is a big no Neutral

and yeah... I decided to use "androgyne" (noun) for the category, although it can be changed. But now I think it will be final.

And yup, we'll be using male (universal) pronoun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding genderless singers   Regarding genderless singers Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding genderless singers
Page 1 of 1