Utaite Wiki Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utaite Wiki Forum

A forum dedicated for utaite-related discussion. Supported by Utaite Wiki.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Standardization for Song titles(?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yunomitCuu

yunomitCuu

Standardization for Song titles(?) Empty
PostSubject: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 pm

....Don't ask me why I keep making/asking this useless stuff./shotdead

So, I was thinking about to make a-...A-ANOTHER list.
I want to help in the wiki as much as I can do, but I'm not a big help at all *cries*
So uhm. It's basically just about the Song titles.

We could post an forum article on the Wikia-forum too, but I'm just doing this here before since I don't know whether this is helping in any way or not...

I think I already asked about it once.... Orz

It's about a standardization of the song titles(?), I was just... seeing various differently written Romaji/English/Whoknowswhat/shotdead titles.

For instance,
Ama no Jaku
can be translated into A Born Coward or Heaven's Weakness or anything that goes that way.

And who knows why, there are various ways
Romeo and Cinderella
is written in in the "insertsongname"-part.(where it actually should be written in Romaji)
I guess I edited "Romeo and Cinderella" in some song lists a few times but I'm still a bit... unsure whether I just leave it the way it is or... yeah.
So Romeo and Cinderella was for instance written as Romio to Cinderella or Romio to Shinderera or who knows how.

AND, plus that, the Macron-standarization came in.
Or more like, (I guess) we're going to use Macron in the future.
So. uhm. It might be... quiet the MOST USELESS thing on the world, but I was about to make a list for that. AND AND; I think the most helpful thing on this list is that I think that they're quiet a few people here who can't read Kanji(I never really know how they're written orz), and so on.
So maybe this is not SO useless at all?
.w. I don't know, JUST a suggestion.

BTW, ... maybe it is as useless as I thought. Maybe it looks more unique when there are different English titles..... orz. SO-SORRY.
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 am

Ehh no you help a lot randomly ^_^ you're not useless *patpat* *cough*Its just that everyone does too much not that I care or anything*cough*

song titles are such a pain yes @.@
For English titles I suppose we could use the most popular one but in the end I think it doesn't matter all too much since there are hundreds (okay maybe not that many) ways to word the title...just a basic translation that doesn't sound sucky should be alright :)
Or course songs with official English song titles should be inputted correctly

I'll think about this more later since this week is hell essay week for me OTL
Back to top Go down
http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/User:Starikun
Meta-Kakera

Meta-Kakera

Female Posts : 89
Birthday : 1998-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:38 am

Heh...there's just one thing I'd like to add?
Maybe for the English song titles written in Romaji, we just use the English instead of Romaji?

Like, with, say, Ikasama Life Game, I tend to write it like that, instead of 'Ikasama raifu geemu', since it looks tidier and makes more sense to me...plus it could also help someone translate, ie, "What does 'raifu geemu' mean?".

And for songs that are more well known by the English name, like Romeo and Cinderella, I think we should just write them like that...it's only a one word difference anyway, and to be honest, "Romio to Shinderera" doesn't really look that nice orz

Idk though, it's just me with my stupid preferences again.
Back to top Go down
yunomitCuu

yunomitCuu

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:57 pm

@Sen
Ok, take your time!
@Meta
orz I'm just a person who is pretty strict when it comes to rules and prescriptions.
That's why I keep thinking that even Black Rock Shooter should be written in Romaji, etc. etc.
Naw, but let's just wait for Sen's reply~
Back to top Go down
crystellaris

crystellaris

Female Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 pm

LOL well im agreeing with Meta lol XD
too lazy to write further lol
Back to top Go down
Meta-Kakera

Meta-Kakera

Female Posts : 89
Birthday : 1998-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:51 am

...whenever I see 'Cinderella' written as 'Shinderera', I instantly think of the Japanese words for 'die' (死ね、死んで、死んだ etc.) and of Nashimoto-P's Shinitagari...orz
Back to top Go down
Sen

Sen

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:27 am

AHHHHH MYYYY GODDDD I never replied to this Q.Q okay lets see now...

Quote :

For instance,
Ama no Jaku
can be translated into A Born Coward or Heaven's Weakness or anything that goes that way.

We can just put both :> I don't find that problem, just put it as (A Born Coward/Heaven's Weakness).

Quote :

Romeo and Cinderella
is written in in the "insertsongname"-part.(where it actually should be written in Romaji)
I guess I edited "Romeo and Cinderella" in some song lists a few times but I'm still a bit... unsure whether I just leave it the way it is or... yeah.
So Romeo and Cinderella was for instance written as Romio to Cinderella or Romio to Shinderera or who knows how.

Okay from now on if the title is romanized English, we will just put the title as it's meant to be in English, in the song title field only. There will be no need for romanized titles in that case.

Quote :

AND, plus that, the Macron-standarization came in.
Or more like, (I guess) we're going to use Macron in the future.
So. uhm. It might be... quiet the MOST USELESS thing on the world, but I was about to make a list for that. AND AND; I think the most helpful thing on this list is that I think that they're quiet a few people here who can't read Kanji(I never really know how they're written orz), and so on.
So maybe this is not SO useless at all?

Yes, from now on we'll use the macron as well unless the non-macron version of the song title is more popular~
Back to top Go down
http://utaite.wikia.com/wiki/User:Starikun
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standardization for Song titles(?)   Standardization for Song titles(?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Standardization for Song titles(?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utaite Wiki Forum :: All about utaite! :: NND utaite-
Jump to: